FG Automação Industrial
Project For: Saint-Gobain
Industry Leader Reduces Paper, Gets Faster Reporting and Better Productivity
This project was created by FG Automação Industrial for Saint-Gobain, a world leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. To better attend to their customers' needs, FG Automação Industrial used Ignition Perspective and Sepasoft's OEE Downtime modules. By combining these modules, they were able to transform the Saint-Gobain tube production management process into a robust, user-friendly, dynamic, reliable, and 100% digital interface.
The idea of the project was to provide a MES system that would deliver all OEE calculations respecting 3 basic premises:
1. Availability Calculation should be measured fully automatically. That means non-planned stops should always be collected directly by Ignition.
2. The system could not increase the activities of the employees involved; that is, data should not be entered more than once.
- With the implementation of a paperless system, manual activities that depended on the use of paper should be digitized.
- Activities performed on other systems should transfer the relevant data to Ignition or the other way around (with Ignition being responsible for sending the information).
3. The system should be delivered mostly in WEB and Responsive format, respecting the Mobile-First rule (due to practicality and specifications). Ninety-five percent of the system was developed using Perspective.
Ignition was the key tool, as the client needed a platform in WEB format that had a great capacity for communication with other systems (OPC UA, databases, REST/SOAP) and also had enough components (Perspective components) to digitize the company's manual processes.
The biggest gain was in the reliability of the calculations, since the Availability, Performance and Quality inputs no longer have to be collected manually at the time when the data should be inputted.
Beyond that, the speed of getting an accurate and visually rich report (a fantastic combination of Sepasoft OEE and Ignition Perspective) saves valuable time. Previously, it would have taken many hours to put together an equivalent report.
Also, the digitization of their entire process – making all production activities paperless – has had a powerful impact, allowing them to eliminate difficulties and errors, and optimize productivity.
DEPLOY DATE: March 2022
- Tags: 13,266
- Screens: Approximately 30
- Clients: Approximately 8
- Devices used: 9, all MQTT
- Architectures used: Not applicable
- Databases used: Not applicable
- Historical data logged: Approximately 3,000
Gabriel has been part of the team since its foundation and consolidation. With his advanced technical knowledge, he develops high-performance solutions in order to optimize his clients' processes.Created By:
FG Automação Industrial
Founded on August 14, 2002, FG Automação Industrial has always been active in the industrial market, providing products and services that effectively add value to our customers' activities. Our activities include pre-sales, customer support, technical consulting and training for integrators who want to implement Inductive Automation's Ignition software. Our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, helping them to achieve the efficiency, productivity and quality that the market demands.
Website: fgltda.com.brProject For:
Saint-Gobain is recognized as a world producer of materials with a strong technological content and provider of services associated with these materials. Present in 64 countries, Saint-Gobain, in Brazil since 1937, is one of the 100 largest industrial groups in the world, employing approximately 190,000 employees. As part of a multinational corporation, whose goal is to present complete and innovative solutions for the “habitat,” Saint-Gobain Canalização has ambitious goals for sustainable development. With its capital 100% integrated in Brazil, Saint-Gobain Canalização has always been committed to environmental preservation, social growth and the country's economic development. saint-gobain.comIndustry: