Bouygues Energies & Services
Smart Technology for Transportation
- Tags: 60,000
- Clients: 5
- Devices: 150 (Modbus TCP and SNMP)
- Databases: 3 MySQL 8 (Group Replication)
- Screens: 50
- Alarms: 10,000
- Ignition Architecture: Ignition Standard Architecture with Redundancy
- Historian Data: 3 million rows per month, 15,000 tags
The Smart Mobility Platform (SMP), built with Ignition, is a project commissioned two years ago by the Products and New Technologies Department of Bouygues Energies & Services (BYES). The aim of this project is to provide a software solution empowered and customized for the Smart Mobility sector:
- Tramway and metro control and management systems
- Road and Tunnel control and management systems
This project is the first step in a suite of software platforms to address the needs of the Smart Mobility sector as well as other sectors, such as Smart Cities and Smart Energy. Bouygues Energies & Services began using Ignition in 2011 for various areas: energy, tunnels, public transport, water, and wastewater. After a large-scale and complex successful project involving roads and eight road tunnels (Firebrand Award at ICC 2017) and several years of experience and learning, Bouygues has decided to better formalize its know-how with Ignition. So, the company designed its own platform on top of the Ignition platform to:
- Generalize the use of Ignition for all projects with preconfigured functions.
- Standardize the way Bouygues uses Ignition.
- Reuse, simplify maintenance, and do more with less.
- Add modules to interconnect new interfaces with Ignition.
The Bouygues Energy & Services - Smart Mobility Platform (BYES-SMP) is the result of the feedback and sharing of experience of several major projects using Ignition, in particular:
- CTM L2 Marseille
- Tramway Avignon
The BYES-SMP must fulfill several criteria:
- Standard Design and preconfigured functions
- High level of reusability for multiple projects: Design, Operate, Reuse and Improve
- Full object-oriented design
- Open platform to be interfaced with equipment and systems by means of standard protocols: RTSP H264, ONVIF, SIP (VOIP), MP3, SNMP, Map
- High reliability with all parts redundant to ensure user safety
- User-friendly UI/UX, modern look and feel, advanced navigation concept
- Single or dual screen monitor HMI/GUI
The BYES-SMP is based on 4 pillars:
- The Configurator: equipment data model
- The Core: the engine for standardized functions
- The Modules: add-on to empower and connect Ignition
- The Application: custom project and customer needs
- Excel: Equipment’s data model with parameters and structured data
- MySQL or other DB to import the data of the model
- Ignition script to generate Ignition UDT and tags database
- Single or dual desktop
- Multi-level hierarchical menu
- Equipment browser with multi-criteria filter
- Contextual menu
- Material design look and feel
- Alarms with multi-criteria group and filter
- Standard screen for:
- Equipment browsing
- Multiple equipment diagnostics and command
- Real-time and historical alarms
- Parameters: filter, bulk write, save and restore
- Audit logs
- Event journal
- Advanced equipment’s diagnostic and control popup. Data automatically populated according to the equipment configuration and the types of data.
The aim is to connect Ignition with (or to add typical functions in Ignition from):
- CCTV / Video Management System
- Public Address System
- Intercom system
- Network Management System
- Signaling System
These interfaces use well-known protocols (RTPS, H264, ONVIF, SIP, SNMP) to support a large variety of equipment and systems.
The most comprehensive use case of the BYES - Smart Mobility Platform is the PARIS T9 Tramway project. All functions and modules of the BYES-SMP are in action to connect the safety and traffic management systems to the control room in order to ensure customers’ security and safety, and enhance the mobility experience.
- All systems (video, public address system, intercom, network management system) and IP equipment are interconnected in real time to the control room.
- Operator experience with a unified HMI to monitor and to control all equipment.
- HMI is easy to use for operation and maintenance, troubleshooting and advanced system and equipment diagnostics.
- The BYES-SMP provides for the Paris T9 Tramway will also be used for other kinds of Tramway Lines.
The PARIS T9 Tramway architecture using the BYES - Smart Mobility Platform is composed of:
- 2 redundant Ignition VM windows 2016 server with more than 60.000 tags
- 3 VMware servers with more than 40 VMs for hosting all subsystems
- 5 Dual screen Ignition clients
- 19 Stations
- 120 CCTV video cameras
- 6 Schneider M340 PLCs for energy control
- 4 Schneider M340 PLCs for signaling control
- 20 Networked distributed Modbus TCP I/O
- 50 Huawei networked switches (1 backbone and 4 rings)
- 50 VoIP phones
- 20 audio amplifiers
- 40 ticket machines
- 1 video wall 8 x 49”
Lionel has more than 20 years of experience as a software developer, project manager, and industrial controls integrator for multiple sectors (Transportation, Road Tunnels, Tramway Monitoring System) and industries (Pharmaceutical (S88), S95 MES in Foods and Manufacturing, and R&D). Lionel has been an Ignition and SDK user since 2012, and has successfully implemented complex automation and information systems with constraints such as FDA, redundancy, custom communication driver, and ERP synchronization. He is following the IT-OT convergence and all solutions for systems interoperability.Created By:
Bouygues Energies & Services
Bouygues is present in more than 20 countries. With 12,500 employees, it is a 100-percent subsidiary of Bouygues Construction. The company focuses on markets such as infrastructure, cities & communities, public & commercial buildings, and industry.