Ignition Solves 11 Key Problems
Project For: Cooperativa De Agricultores Federados Argentinos (AFA) - Aceitera Los Cardos
Project OverviewThe client had the following problems:
- SCADA systems for Extraction, Crushing and Refinery in stand-alone system and in different versions of IAS Wonderware version 3.0.
- This system’s version only runs on Windows XP SP2. No higher version is supported, that´s why the operating system or hardware can't be upgraded.
- Because the hardware can’t be upgraded, it is frequently broken and this increases downtime.
- Serious problems with the consistency and coherence of historical data in each sector.
- Historical data wasn’t centralized (stand-alone).
- They didn’t have backup procedure information so the broken hard disk of any machine implied the loss of all the data saved.
- The system maintenance was impractical because for every modification in one machine, it had to be repeating in every machine in the plant.
- Real-time and laboratory data weren’t integrated in the SCADA system, so the plant operators had to have two applications opened to operate.
- There wasn’t any chance that other people in the plant could see the SCADA system in machines that weren’t in the plant (limited clients only to the plant machines).
- There wasn’t any related information with the user’s critical operations of the control system.
- There weren’t any reports or statistics of alarms or equipment failures.
Alexis Nazareno Chialvo
I’m responsible for the technical area of AUTEX S.A. and I’ve been working here for 13 years. I’m an electronic engineer and my area of expertise is automation and new developments. I have wide experience in HMI products since I’ve specialized in different brands and I’ve worked for several years with these products. Working with Ignition in our company was my decision and I’ve been in charge of the Ignition development and implementation team for two years.Created By:
AUTEX is an Argentine Enterprise founded in 2002 and has provided engineering services and automation to various industries (food, drink, vegetable oil, dressing, cream, milk, sugar, biscuits, candy, biodiesel, alternative energies, mining, cement, nuclear energy, aerospace, etc.) in Latin America and Europe. AUTEX has 20 technicians and engineers dedicated to development, testing, plant startup and maintenance of industrial control systems, using premium brands like Inductive Automation, Siemens, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley and more. It’s also one of the few companies that has three Ignition Gold Certified Specialists in Argentina. Besides these automation services, AUTEX has technicians certified in other products and services like Profibus DP or PCS7. Website: www.autex.com.arProject For:
Cooperativa De Agricultores Federados Argentinos (AFA) - Aceitera Los Cardos
Agricultores Federados Argentinos S.C.L. (Argentine Federated Farmers) is the main agricultural cooperative of first degree in Argentina and one of the biggest and most thriving in Latin America. The 36,000 associate producers have a structure of 26 Primary Cooperative Centers that together with the sub-centers, offices, and representations allows the entity to have a strong presence in 130 locations of nine Argentine States. Los Cardos Center is located in Santa Fe State (Argentina), and has a plant of oilseed industrialization with capacity to collect 120,000 tons. Currently, “Aceitera Los Cardos” performs the following industrialization processes: crushing and soybean oil extraction solvent; production of protein pelleted soybean flour, medium and high protein; refining of soybean, sunflower and rapeseed; production of liquid lecithin dehydrated.Industry:
Food & Beverage